Breakfast, one of the most important meals of the day according to some researchers.
I used to love breakfast and it was one of the main reasons i got up in the morning, now however I’m not always hungry in the morning so instead i eat a later breakfast or a brunch which is more lunch inspired than breakfast inspired. However, when i do eat breakfast it is most often oatmeal as it the breakfast that fills me up the most as well as it being so delicious and i can’t get enough of it.
Eating breakfast gives you energy for the day and keeps you going until lunch time as well as giving your brain the glucose it needs for you to think and concentrate and to work properly, so it is important to try to eat something in the morning even if it’s just half a banana!
Below are some breakfast ideas if you don’t know what to eat in the morning. There are plenty more breakfast ideas which i will make another post about, however these are the breakfasts I eat!
- Soya yoghurt/oat yoghurt with muesli & bread/crisp bread with vegan cheese or butter.
- Other bread toppings are avocado, hummus, vegan potato salad, peanut butter and jam, vegan nutella, vegan cream cheese and the list goes on.
- Chocolate chip pancakes – or any other type of pancakes!
- Oatmeal with your favourite toppings – mine are peanut butter, banana and berries. And i can make a post of all the different ways to make oatmeal.
- Sweet potato with cinnamon, banana and peanut butter. (Don’t knock it until you try it! Eating sweet potato as a sweet dish is actually very delicious!). Dont forget that you can also eat a baked potatoe with different filling for breakfast as well as more of a savoury breakfast.
- Wraps with your favourite filling. Vegetables, tofu, cream sauce… a very substantial and delicious breakfast!
- Yoghurt with home made granola, berries, banana and an ice coffee!
Soya yoghurt with Mymueslie cereal – or any other cereal! These two are vegan, and i think there is one more from their sortiment which is vegan, otherwise they contain honey or lactose.
What is your favourite breakfast at the moment? Do you like breakfast or are you more of a late eater (like i am!).