7 things i love and make me happy

Saturday morning and i decided to compile a list of 5 things i love/make me happy in my life!

I saw this image below a while ago and it really resonated with me. Everyday i want to do things that make me happy and there are small things (below!) that make me happy and i want to do more of in my life! The small positives that make a difference in my life πŸ™‚

Image result for make a list of things you love and compare with

I love having access to different studies and articles because i am part of university! This is one of the major benefits of going to university, that you get free access to hundreds and thousands of articles….. of course, when i am forced to read articles for my essays and assignments it is not as fun, but i do like to keep up to date with different studies.

I love learning new facts and information about anything really. Just learning more and expanding my knowledge and thoughts and understanding! I am not someone to debate or argue, but i do like listening and learning how people with different opinions to mine think…. being able to have a conversation with someone with different beliefs can actually be a really good thing. To hear the other side and be open for other thoughts and opinions – it is how you learn and grow according to me!

Having deep conversations about different topics. I am not someone for small talk instead i want more deeper conversations, to hear other peoples thoughts and opinions on things! I also love listening to podcasts when people share their thoughts on things…. there is something very interesting about hearing people voice their inner thoughts and share how they process different things! The mind and body is rather amazing!

I love the feeling after an amazing workout when you just feel invincible…. you feel so high on endorphines and ready to tackle anything!Β  The best workouts are usually the ones where i have had extra rest and food the day before – then when i workout it feels like 1) i have so much energy and so much strength and 2) like i never want to stop working out!

I love waking up early and having time to just drink my coffee, get some work done and have a calm, productive morning to myself. I am definitely someone who needs my time alone in the morning to just drink coffee and plan my day and begin my work!

I love the feeling after you have cleaned your room or the whole apartment.When you have newly washed bedsheets, the floor is hoovered, no coffee stains on the table (is that just me?!), no crumbs on the table, no clothes lying on the floor or on that one chair where the clothes aren’t really clean but not dirty either so you don’t know what to do with them! It may take some time each week but it is so worth it, and if you put on some good music or a podcast then it is not so hard to just clean!

I love spending time with my friends and my family – with people who don’t drain me of energy.

I would love to know some things that make you happy in your daily life πŸ™‚ But also… are you doing things that make you happy everyday?

Advertisements

10 Comments Add yours

1. Melissa says:

I love this! I feel like I want to print it and read it every Sunday morning!!! If you want help I’d love to create an infographic out of this!

2. Josephine says:

Loveeee this!! My list would be pretty similar to yours in many aspects πŸ™‚ I started journalling again this year btw, would highly recommend. Just even if it is only 5 minutes every day it makes me feel very good to put my thoughts and feelings all into place. Enjoy your weekend Izzy!

1. I did journal alot in the past and sometimes i still do, but it is not a daily thing… only when i really need to get things out of my mind and can’t share them online, hahah! I hope you have a lovely weekend as well.

3. Kayla says:

Hi izzy. 5 years ago i started a uni program and 1.5year ago i realised that i had chosen wrong field…Now i cant change it because 5years would go to waste and i have 1 year left. I cant see my future with that job and i wish i was dead every day because i study things i am not interested allll the time and i don see the point… i havent been truely happy for agesa. Does anyone else of izzy’s followers had the same or similar situation. Please give me some advice how not to go crazy andand how toi survive that, literally…Izzy, your blog is one of the best things ❀

1. I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling and in this position, but trust me… you arent alone. There are SO many people who have studied 3-4 years and gotten their bachelors only to realise that they don’t even want to work in that field or area. I can’t imagine how it feels, but know you can still make a difference and make a change. I am not sure where you live and whether you have to pay for uni or not, but you can still study another degree or take extra courses afterwards. Can you take a pause from studying and maybe work with something for a while? Or if you do decide to power through the next year then know that you can still study another area/degree/topic, it is not over yet. And these years that you have studied arent a waste, you have learnt something and atleast learnt what you don’t want to do.
      Do you think you could see a school counselor or someone who can help you with how to plan for the future and with school courses and such… maybe they can give you better advice about what to do with future studying or work or if there is someway that you can change courses or to another degree….. Don’t give up and i would highly suggest you talk to someone. Talk to friends or family or a school counselor and get help. Its never too late to take a pause and if you are tired of studying after these 5/6 years, then take a pause and work or travel and then begin studying what you want to study. I hope things get better and you manage to figure things out.

1. Kayla says:

Dear izzy, i really appreciate your answer, thank you so much!! ❀ I wish my parents were like you haha. Whenever i told them that i am sick of uni and everything, they just say to keep going. I cant say anything against because they are paying for my books and all (it is normal in my country , until you finish college) so i would be extremly ashamed taking a gap year or similar … I wish i could get a job and earn my own money , but with this amount of studying it is impossible, because i would fail the whole year (all courses). We dont have counselor unfortunately.. And i am type of person who finds extremlyyy hard to talk about problems and feelings. I will try to do some change , even if i still have no idea how..Thank you again for answering and sorry for slight negativity..i just wanted to tell someone how it sucks and hear someone else's opinion ❀ πŸ™‚

4. caroljoanne1969 says:

This certainly made me think! Whilst I know the things that make me happy I got to thinking that maybe I`m not doing them often enough – my two lists are quite unbalanced 😦

The first would be working through a new recipe for something and having it turn out a success. I love trying new foods and cooking techniques πŸ™‚

Going for a long walk and coming home feeling refreshed and re – charged. I love the feeling of having exerted myself along with the fact that walking gives me space to think and get my thoughts in order. Many a problem has been solved through going for a walk!

Loosing myself in a good book or film. Or watching a really interesting documentary.

Spending some time colouring. I find this so relaxing

Writing in my “grateful book”. I recently brought a journal where you list a number of things each day that you are grateful for – I find this incredibly therapeutic.

Having a good tidy/ sort out at home. I love the feeling that you get afterwards knowing you have cleared a lot of excess clutter and everywhere smells clean and fresh

These are the main things I can think of!

1. I love all of these as well!! Testing new recipes that turn out amazing and going for walks are two of my favourites πŸ™‚
      The grateful book sounds awesome, i usually just think about the things i am grateful for most days but maybe writing them down would be a good thing…. to be able to reflect on them in a years time, maybe see what has changed!! πŸ™‚ I hope you have a lovely week!

1. caroljoanne1969 says:

That’s what I plan to do – look back at what I have written and see what changes have happened. If you look on amazon there is a kindle book on daily journaling about being grateful that you can download for free so you can have a look at it first and see if its what you want before you buy. I love doing it, its certainly made me appreciate more things in my life and definitely makes you think πŸ™‚