I’ve always said that i am not a huge pizza lover…. and i wouldn’t say that i am a pizza lover and would 95% of the time choose another food to eat. However… i am not a pizza hater like i once was.
In the past i couldn’t stand melted cheese, and granted… i still don’t like it, not even vegan melted cheese. However, i am beginning to actually like pizza.
Of course, there are so many variants of pizza.
Tortilla pizza (recipe)
Pita bread pizza
Regular pizza i.e normal white flour/yeast pizza base and using tomato sauce and cheese
Pizza using a cauliflower base (recipe )
Gluten free pizza
Store bought pizza (pizza using store bought base – recipe)
And the list goes on…. such as pizza rolls (recipe)
But a favourite of mine is actually using puff pastry, and topping my pizza with lots of vegetables.
I am sure some people would look at my pizza and say… that is not a pizza, hahah. But i choose to call it a pizza.
I can understand if you use example eggplant slices and top with some crushed tomatoes and nutritional yeast and call it a pizza… that others may get offended, as that isn’t a pizza. hahaha.
As it was made using prebought puffpastry, this dish doesn’t really have a recipe.
As it is as simple as:
- Buy store bought puff pastry (make sure it is vegan!)
- Place on a baking tray
- Preheat oven to c.a 220 degrees celsius
- Place the puff pastry in the oven c.a 5 minutes (poke some holes into the pastry first!)
- Chop up your desired veggies and toppings
- Take the pastry out of the oven. Cover with tomato sauce, grated vegan cheese and your toppings.
- Place back into the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, chop into slices, eat and enjoy!
What are some of your favourite pizza toppings? And what is your favourite crust/base…? 🙂