EASY TO MAKE, CHEAP, FILLED WITH VEGETABLES, MEALPREPPPABLE MEALS….? This is my favourite type of meal and cooking, and this meal definitely fills that criteria!
Vegetable pasta bake
This is one of those meals which you can vary alot, meaning that you can use whatever vegetables you have at home and use the pasta sort you prefer!
Also you can make it in one large form like i did or in several glass jars to make it portion size direct and the perfect meal to use for mealprepping for the week 🙂
It’s been a while since i have made a dedicated mealprep post, but alot of the meals i make can be made as part of your weekly mealprep anyway 🙂 As you know, i love making big batches of food which last me several days so that i don’t have to cook everyday – unless i want, that is!
1 red onion
150g cocktail tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
400-600ml crushed tomatoes
240g chickpeas (1 tetra can)
3-4tbsp red cooking wine (this is optional)
1tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp sugar
salt & pepper
1-2tbsp vegan spread (or use oil)
Optional, vegan minced meat (for extra texture and protein)
- In a frying pan fry diced onion and minced garlic until browned.
- Add the diced zucchini (diced into small pieces), half of the cocktail tomatoes (diced in half), a handful of basil and the red wine (3-4tbsp). Fry for a few minutes to let the red wine reduce.
- Then add the crushed tomatoes (400-600ml), chickpeas, soya sauce (1tbsp), pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. Let cook for about 15 minutes.
- Boil the pasta in salted water until parboiled. Drain of water once done.
- Grease your form – or several glass jars if you are making seperate portions.
Optional: In a frying pan, melt vegan margarine and add bread crumbs along with basil, garlic and salt. Fry until slightly brown. Then remove from the heat. This is optional, but it does add more flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Once the pasta is done, combine with the sauce and pour into your baking form. Cover with the bread crumbs, and optional to add some grated vegan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, covering the form with some foil after hald the time to avoid the pasta burning.
- Eat warm with some salad or some garlic bread on the side!! (GARLIC BREAD RECIPE)
Hope you like this recipe and you can find more MEALPREP recipes, HERE
For even more recipes you can follow me on instagram where i post more meals – which aren’t always posted on here. ALSO, you can find more pictures/step by step instructions for this meal on my instagram… so don’t forget to check that out 🙂